Symptoms and Preventive Measures
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. These symptoms may be similar to the flu or the common cold. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia and other complications, especially in infants, older individuals and those with underlying health conditions.
Please review the CDC website for the latest travel advisories when considering travel for yourself or your family. Also, remember that your best defense to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 is to follow good prevention practices:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, like your cell phone.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- If you are caring for an ill person, stay home for an estimated incubation period (2 weeks).
- If you have traveled recently or have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 and are experiencing the above symptoms, please seek medical attention right away.
- Before you go to any healthcare facility, call ahead and let them know of your recent travel and symptoms
- For More information, follow the link of the CDC below
CDC Link Coronavirus symptoms
CDC Link washing hands videos